Fill out and submit the form below if your IHO has not received an email from us.
HOW TO HIRE:
In most cases you will have received an email from the PCNA. This email is an invitation to hire. If you did not receive an email, please contact us and we can determine your qualifications as an IHO.
Hiring former interns: YES (Youth Initiative Strategy) provides a limit to the hours and wages that any one youth is eligible for, no matter the province or year. So the quick answer is NO to hiring former interns.
In 2016-2017 there is only one stream, Career Focus. See the critieria -->
Below are questions from the PIF (Personal Information File) that is submitted to ISED during your interview. This will help you ensure your candidate is qualified under the Career Focus Stream.
Name of Educational Institution Last Attended
Field of Study
Date of Birth
Highest Level of Education completed
In my opinion, this position is related to my field of study
I was a full time student during the preceding year
I intend to return to school full-time in the upcoming academic year
Will you have any other full-time jobs (30 hours or more a week)
Are you currently in receipt of EI
Do you meet the eligibility criteria
Career Focus (CF) Stream
The objectives of the CF stream are to increase the supply of qualified people; to facilitate the transition of young people to a rapidly changing labour market; to promote the benefits of advanced studies; and to demonstrate federal leadership by investing in the skills required to meet the needs of the knowledge economy.
To participate in the YI program under the CF stream, eligible participants must:
• be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of intake
• have demonstrated skills achievement at the post-secondary level—this means that the participant must have more than secondary school achievement. If the participant entered university or college as a mature student and is pursuing a course of study at the postsecondary level, they would qualify
• intend to gain ICT skills and knowledge
• meet the job requirements of the IHO, which should include stated ICT-related activities
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada
•must not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while participating in a CF project