Eligible Ultimate Recipients, referred to as Internship Host Organizations (IHO), are organizations with legal status in Canada that have the capacity to offer internships including training and support.
Eligible Ultimate Recipients must be asked to demonstrate how they:
Successful past participation will be a factor.
Key performance indicators include:
Career Focus (CF) Stream
The objectives of the CF stream are to increase the supply of qualified people; to facilitate the transition of young people to a rapidly changing labour market; to promote the benefits of advanced studies; and to demonstrate federal leadership by investing in the skills required to meet the needs of the knowledge economy.
To participate in the YI program under the CF stream, eligible participants must:
• be between the ages of 15 and 30 at the time of intake
• have demonstrated skills achievement at the post-secondary level—this means that the participant must have more than secondary school achievement. If the participant entered university or college as a mature student and is pursuing a course of study at the postsecondary level, they would qualify
• intend to gain ICT skills and knowledge
• meet the job requirements of the IHO, which should include stated ICT-related activities
• be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada and be legally entitled to work in Canada
•must not be in receipt of Employment Insurance (EI) benefits while participating in a CF project